Howell Kline Surveying, LLC, a Professional Land Surveying Firm located in West Chester, PA, is seeking Senior Field Manager candidates. Successful candidates should have a minimum of five (5) years of experience.
The Senior Field Manager is an integral key to daily productivity at Howell Kline Surveying. An effective Senior Field Manager is intimately involved in the Planning, Organizing, Leading, Monitoring, and Communication of duties and projects. The Senior Field Manager is involved with estimating, project management, project scheduling, client contact, supervision of field crews, and invoicing clients. This position requires the use of sound, accurate judgment when making decisions on projects and the ability to communicate effectively. The Senior Field Manager is responsible for performing work efficiently and according to the highest standard of accuracy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpreting field and engineering data to effectively complete assigned tasks.
- Creating field point plots and computations for use in the field.
- Proactively seeking input and clarification from other team members assigned to a given project to minimize time spent in performing the essential duties of the position.
- Providing technical oversight of projects to include quality assurance and quality control of procedures and work product.
- Promoting and monitoring field and office procedures to assure a high level of consistent work product and service quality across the firm.
- Promoting and monitoring the comprehensive safety program for the survey practice.
- Providing mentoring and training to survey staff to assure professional growth and development as well as assisting with the identification and recruiting of key personnel.
- Conducting fieldwork, as required, to advance projects in an efficient manner.
- Assisting in invoicing.
- Minimum 5 years experience in managing all types of survey projects which included meeting with clients, managing budgets and schedules, and coordinating field staff.
- Valid Pennsylvania State Driver’s License.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with a robotic total station, data collectors, and GPS equipment.
- Ability to work with design engineers, clients, contractors, and the general public.
- Professional Land Surveyor License in Pennsylvania or a Surveyor in Training (SIT) is a plus but not required.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree a plus but not required.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience is a plus but not required.
The Senior Field Manager will report directly to the Director of Land Surveying. The Senior Field Manager will meet these requirements and perform them under the accepted surveying practices and principles.
A competitive benefits package is available that includes health, group life, short-term and long-term disability plans, a 401(k) program with employer matching, and advancement opportunities – all in a business casual environment.